Biedermeier Writing Chest, Walnut Veneer, Ebonized, Southern Germany circa 1825
Extraordinary, greatly restored neoclassical Biedermeier writing chest in walnut from southern Germany around 1825.
* Walnut veneer on softwood body.
* Triangar lisettes with half-blackened acorn decoration at the top and birch root inlays above and below.
* Three drawers with inlaid and ebonized key coats of arms and dividers.
* Lower two drawers empty with original box locks.
* Top drawer with fold-out black polished writing tray. Lateral bars with ebonised radiant decoration and brass snap fasteners. 4 small drawers veneered with birch root. In the middle a free compartment and a secret compartment.
* Standing on tall walnut square pointed legs.
* Restored and hand polished with shellac.
This writing chest is a wonderful piece of antique furniture that is ready for your home.
Details for Chest
* Metric: H 99 cm x W 105 cm x D 53 cm x D open 96 cm
* Imperial: H 3′ 3″ x W 3′ 5″ x D (closed) 1′ 9″ / D (open) 3′ 1.5″